Monday, April 17, 2006

For the fans, By the fans and To the fans

Last week was a memorable on for me for 2 reasons, one my friend got married on April 12th and the same day Dr Rajkumar (annavru) reached the heavenly abode.

What a contrast it was, there was so much happiness filled with dance and enjoyment at my friends marraige and then what I saw on TV (aftermath of Dr Raj demise) was something I could not digest, we were still in Chennai when I heard the news that Dr Raj is no more, first thing me and my friends did was to check if the situation in Bangalore is OK and is it fine to drive down to Bangalore, because during last two occasions; 1 - Rumour of Dr Raj death few years ago and 2 - Kidnapping of Dr Raj, saw bangalore turn into a ghost city; and it was a precaution me and my friends took to call up bangalore and check the situation, I do not understand why the government failed to do so, I sincerely feel that that the adminstration failed on those wednesday and thursday and our police force was so inadequate in dealing with mob fury, it was all to be seen on the TV, live.

I thought that Dr Raj should have been kept for another 2 days for public viewing as the number of people turning out was obviously more and in one day defnitely it would not have been possible for all his fans and wellwishers to see him for the last time, I think here the government and also to an extent Dr Raj family made a mistake.
Also, Dr Raj should have been buried at his birthplace, it would have reduced the crowd tension and also made way for Gajanur to become a tourist spot, his burial place could have been converted to a garden.

Dr Raj was made what he was and what he is today by his innumerable fans, it was befitting that he was finally buried by his fans (since his family members could not finish the ritual due to all the commotion that prevailed on that day), I think no man can ever get such a see off, it speaks about all the great deed that great person had done during his lifetime, Dr Raj fans always follow what he used to say in his movies, I have never seen an entire village give up drinking after seeing the movie "Jeevana Chaitra", it happened and now after he donated his eyes, there are so many people who are coming forward for donating thier eyes, he was a man of principle and he always lived by it and in his death also he is doing a noble cause, such men are rare, that is why diamond is so precious, he is more than that.

It was heartening to see Bangalore leap back to its normalcy within hours, that is why this place is such a great place, there are people who are not Bangaloreans and could not understand why people went crazy and acted in a way it should not have been, they can never understand what it means to a Dr Raj fan to assimilate the fact that Rajanna is no more; I have seen those people who never cried when thier parents passed away, but crying inconsolably seeing 'Annavru' pass away, it takes a lot to be Dr Raj and I am sure no one can match what he was, he will always remain a lone shining star for all Kannadigas.

I hope now the government fullfil his last wish (which he has told that to his family members); Convert the place where he is buried into a beautiful tourist spot which will tell the tale of his life and also portray the rich culture of Karnataka.

My only request and wish is that the new international airport coming up should be named after Dr Rajkumar.

My salutation to the great soul, will miss you truly Annavre.

"If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse."

No comments: